Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter ??!!?!

One of the stories that my mom told me that stuck in my head was the time I stuck a playing piece from a board game up my nose. She made me sniff pepper until I sneezed it out. Nice.

I arrived at daycare this afternoon and Madeleine's teacher grabbed me before I read her daily note. She went to wipe Madeleine's nose that afternoon because it was runny and she saw something black underneath it. Upon closer inspection, the black thing was a tiny piece of a tire chip from the playground and she realized that Madeleine's nose looked bigger on one side than the other. Yep, for some reason she thought stuffing a tire chip up her nose was a good idea. Sigh.

Her teacher told me she started stressing and was close to tears because she couldn't get it out and didn't want to call me. I'd have to take her to the ER as it is considered a surgical procedure to have it removed. Apparently this has happened before ...

All is well though. After a few people trying, they managed to get it out. We had a nice chat in the car on the way over to pick up David about not putting things in her nose.

"Madeleine, are you supposed to be putting things up your nose anymore?"

"No Mommy (points her finger at me) Nuting"

Any bets on how long before she sticks something else up there??

No comments: