Thursday, February 2, 2012

Live Healthy America Challenge

The beginning of the new year always brings out the resolutions to eat healthy, lose weight and exercise more.  I am no exception. 

Every year, in order to receive a $25 credit per month for our health insurance, we need to jump through a few hoops complete a couple of activities.  In addition to 'knowing our numbers' it usually involves some sort of challenge that extends over a couple of month time frame.

This year, my company teamed up with Live Healthy America for a 100 Day Challenge.  Now while I don't know that this will count towards one of our activities, I figured I'd find a team and joined.  I man, after all, it is only 100 days.  I can do it for 100 days ...can't I?

So with visions of a free t-shirt and free magazine subscription dancing in my head, I nosed around to see if there were any teams forming in my area.  I am on a team of nine and so far we are doing pretty well.  Day 10 of the challenge and we are in 3rd place for the weight loss portion, with 2.29% of our body weight gone.  Not too shabby.  As for the activity portion, well, there must be some people who spend every waking moment out of work exercising, since there are teams with over 200 activity hours for the last 10 days.

Let's see what the next 90 days bring!

No comments: