Friday, June 15, 2012

Triple Bean Salad

Summertime is here!  One of my favorite times of the year, where I am looking for new grilling recipes as well as cold side salads to complement them.

I am working on rotating through my storage closet (the former owner's used it as a tanning bed room) and had several cans of beans that I wanted to use up.  I found this recipe on the My Recipes website.  It was a snap to put together and best of all it did not involve heating up the kitchen at all.  I used a red onion instead of the green and I threw some feta cheese on the top.  The kids liked it although they traded one's chickpeas for the other's black beans.  I threw some grilled steak on the tops and had it for lunches during the week.

Triple Bean Salad
Cooking Light

1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 (15.5-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together vinegar, oil, pepper, juice, and salt; pour over bean mixture, stirring to coat. Cover and chill.

No comments: