Sunday, September 9, 2012

Apple Picking

 
Pretty good haul
 
It cooled off a lot over the ast 2 days (47 when I got up yesterday) so I figured it was time to go apple picking.  Last year we went at the end of the month and it was a little late in the season.

Ever since Honey Creek Acres opened, we have headed over there since it it close.  We've also gone to Wilson's Orchard in the past, but I prefer Honey Creek since it is smaller and more personable.  The orchard was hit by a late frost I was told, so the apples were a little on the small side.  That's OK though, as evident in the pictures below they are still tasty.  I am afraid next year they will weigh Christopher before and after and charge me for the difference.

Some were even within their reach
 
 
 
Apple #1
 
At the top of Hay Mountain
 
Beautiful day

No comments: