Sunday, February 8, 2009

Out of my control!!

I haven't posted in a while because the motherboard in my laptop decided to stop working .... again. Booted it up one night and I got an error message that the adaptor was not compatible with my laptop and it wasn't going to charge. Guess what - it didn't!

On the plus side, I am 2 years into my 3 year warranty. On the flip side, this is the second time this has happened to me. Last year about this time the same thing happened. When I was talking with Dell's customer service, they told me they have issues with the XPS laptops and their motherboards. Ya think?

Even though the morning sickness has passed, I am still not all that enthused with cooking. It isn't that I'm not hungry, but I seriously could eat bagels and cream cheese with bacon OR fruit topped with yogurt all day. Honestly. Haven't gotten tired of either but I have a feeling others in the house would rebel if they kept seeing one of the two on the table every night.

So, I dug arund in the freezer out in the garage and came up with a package of bone-in chicken breasts and after some searching, decided to try Spicy Chicken Cacciatore. Upon unwrapping the chicken, I discovered that when I asked for 2 chicken breasts, they gave me 2. Whole breasts. Each still in one huge piece. Note to self the next time I get checken at Fareway, ask for ONE and ask them to cut it for me. Since I wasn't up for losing any fingers, I opted to not try and cut them in half myself. So, rather than follow the directions and simmer for a short time, I let the ginormous chicken breasts simmer for and hour and a half - until they fell off the bone. Came out pretty good, if not a tad bland. I think it needed some fresh basil.

Madeleine and I also amused ourselves (OK, we amused David) with making some Banana Bread this morning. Recipe claims it is the best ever, but I can't attest to that. Bananas are the one food that I absolutely cannot stand to eat, even when disguised in bread. Both Madeleine and David seemed to enjoy the piece they shared for snack this afternoon, so I'll consider it a success.

No comments: