Monday, May 4, 2009

One step closer to a van!!

We finally received word that the state was going to pick up the tab for the modifications that David would need to have made to any van he would get - the biggie being the lowering of the floor so he can wheel in. While a truck would be easier for him, he needs to have something he can transport kids in. Huge relief as the cost of the modifications is almost as much as the base price of the van itself.

Frustrating though, since they (being The State) don't tell you everything you need to get together. For example, he needs a doctor's note saying he is OK to drive BUT then he gets another form that the doctor also needs to fill out. Could we not get everything the doctor needed to sign and fill out at the same time to save us a trip or two?

So ... fingers crossed that this all comes together in the next 5 weeks or so. We are supposed to be meeting the guy from The State at the car dealership one day this week to see what is available.

In baby news, a bit less than 6 weeks to go for me. Doctor appointment today showed that my blood pressure has decided to climb up a bit. They hooked me up for a non-stress test and all looked good with the baby so I got sent home (or back to work). Rather than go every other week, I have now earned myself an appointment and a non-stress test every week for the duration. Despite the fact I am ready to be done, this little one does need to stay put for a few more weeks until the lungs are fully developed. Of course, I still have a gazillion things to do before its' arrival!

No comments: