Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween 2009

So I'm a little late with the Halloween pictures, but my laptop was out for repair and came back with a stuck space bar and a dead battery. Sigh.

We've indulged and ordered lobster quite a few times this year. In fact, if you scroll down to the bottom of The Lobster Guys website, you'll see that Madeleine is one of his biggest fans. So it seemed a given that Christopher would be a lobster for Halloween:

I finally found the costume, in stock, online at Target. They only had a 12-18 months, but I figured if it was a little big, that was OK. I was lucky I could zip it shut and he just had pajamas on underneath. There is a reason I call him Tank. :)

Madeleine was very receptive to being a chef. She loves helping me in the kitchen, so it wasn't a stretch:


It was about 6 o'clock when everyone was dressed and ready to go. Unfortunately, Christopher thinks 6 o'clock is his bedtime:


Of course, he had to wake up right after this picture was taken ...

I piled them both in the wagon and we went next door and across the street. I had to keep stopping to set him right in the wagon (he was sound asleep and leaning) so we brought him home. Madeleine and I went back out to hit the rest of the houses on our street before going home. She did well - she was the first trick or treater our neighborhood saw, and one of 3 for the night, so at every house we went to (all 7 of them) she got several treats.

As we were walking home, she complained that her bucket was too heavy for her to carry. I offered to carry it for her, but she declined. I don't think she trusted me!!!

No comments: