Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Can't take all the sickness!!!!

I got the dreaded daycare call this afternoon. Christopher is warm, they can't get a good temp reading on him (they do it under the arm) but it was in the range of 98 - 101. He was also Mr. Fussy, which he rarely is. So, I called the doctor before I left and found out I could get in if I could get there in 30 minutes. They really wanted to see him since he had the RSV diagnosis earlier this month.

I debated picking up Madeleine and weighed the hassle of going back to daycare with entertaining both of them while we waited. She's been sniffly and hovering around 99 so I thought maybe we'd get home and get them to bed early. I've been feeling off and battling a sore throat myself so early to bed sound good to me.

We all go to the same doctor so when she knew I went to the walk-in Sunday, and was sent away with no drugs, she checked me out too. Official tally: 3 fevers, 3 ear infections, 1 case of tonsillitis and 1 case of some variation of strep throat. Lovely. We are all on the same z-pack of varying dosages.

David and I talked and he called his mom to see if she could come out here for a week. We'd like to make sure the kids are back to 100% (not just fever free) before bringing them back to germ-infested daycare. Since he can't stay home with him for long periods of time (can't wheel around with him on his lap - Christopher doesn't know to hold on!) I'd be the one to stay home .... and I was already home with him for 8 days earlier this month, a few days last month, a few days the month before. It has been one looooooooong winter.

So, his mom arrives late Thursday morning. I should be staying home from work anyway tomorrow since I am running a temperature and I'm the one with strep. It'll give her the opportunity to spend time with them AND them the opportunity to spend time with her AND maybe mommy will have the opportunity to get a few things done around the house since I'm pretty invisible when Nana comes to town!

1 comment:

Scarehaircare said...

Sending cyber chicken soup and some love over your way. It's always harder when moms get sick, too.