Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mmmmm ... waffles



Christopher had a great doctor appointment yesterday. Fever is still gone and the doctor said his lungs are sounding so much better. He is still coughing a bit but even those episodes are starting to dwindle. I never had to use the nebulizer, which I am very grateful for.

I need to keep an eye on him for the remainder of the week to make sure his fever does not come back. They often see secondary infections pop up in the lungs once the RSV goes away. Keeping fingers crossed the worst of this is over.

I've been home for the lat week, so I thought that I'd do a bit of cooking since I don't have much of an opportunity to cook during the week. The other day I grabbed some ham leftover from Christmas and a bag of split peas I had in the drawer and decided to make some spilt pea soup. Recipe was not designed for the crock pot but I ended up having to throw it in there because I had a fussy baby on my hands. Big mistake. It came out VERY watery.

Last night I decided to make a recipe I found on Recipezaar for Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs. I remember my aunt making them all the time for family gatherings and thought I'd give them a whirl. Another mistake. I baked them prior to putting them in the crock pot and I kept them on low. After 3 hours I had a pasty, tasteless mess. Usually I worry about too much liquid. Not a problem this time.

What have I learned from these experiences? The crock pot goes back into the basement and only gets used for the 2 or 3 recipes I know will come out good.

No comments: