Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Pictures 2010

I am under the illusion that if I pay someone to take pictures of my kids, they'll actually take better pictures than I.  Afterall, I am paying for the.  One wonders when I'll learn that is not the case, especially since I recently decided to upgrade from a basic point-and-shoot to a Canon EOS Rebel T2i.  The picture quality is awesome.  Love it so far.

Anyway, I dragged the kids out last Sunday in their Christmas finery to the local Picture People to have their picture taken.  There were at least 15 people in the tiny store along with three huge strollers.  Kids were screaming, you could tell there were several parents on the edge and it had to be 80 degrees in there.  When it was our turn we were crammed in a room that was too small for the kids and I and the photographer.  it was like they decided they needed to turn their storage closet (that was what the photographer told me it was used for the rest of the year) into a studio.

Thirty minutes, two tantrums and 15 minutes of endless pleading for someone to smile this is what we ended up with:

 Really, do you have to keep kissing me?


Sticking me in this train isn't going to make me smile:


 Note the finger starting to come up as he begins to say the word "No":


Do I have to sit close to her?


May LOOK like a cute picture however, he had a death grip on her hair and this was seconds before the tears started flowing:


So now on to Plan B.  Not sure what that is, but since Christmas is a mere two weeks away I better get busy snapping some pictures around the house.  I really don't think I'm asking too much ... both kids looking at the camera and smiling at the same time.  Maybe I'll just stick a Santa hat on Sophie and she can be our Christmas card this year.  At least she sits still for the camera.

No comments: