Sunday, December 5, 2010

Symphony Brownies

Last night was my department's Holiday Party.  The main course was provided but we needed to provide either a salad or a dessert.  I wasn't feeling very creative in the salad category so opted instead to go with a deseert.  Based off a Paula Deen recipe, these brownies always go over well when I take them places.  They are also pretty simple to put together. 

Symphony Brownies

2 brownie mixes that can be cooked in a 9x13 pan (I used Dunkin Hines)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I skipped since my candy bars had almonds)
3 4.5 ounce Hershey's Symphony Bars (I use the toffee and almond ones)

Preheat oven according to brownie mix.  Spray a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Mix up one box of brownie mix following the recipe on the back of the box - I use the 'cake-like' recipe when I make these bars.  Spread the batter in the pan.  Lay the 3 chocolate bars side by side on top of the batter.  Mix up the second brownie mix and pour on top of the chocolate bars.  Bake for 40 minutes. 

These will slice up a whole lot neater if you wait until they are completely cool.  If you live in Iowa and it is winter time, stick 'em out on your back porch for a hour or two.

No comments: