Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spinach with Garlic Vinaigrette

Here is another recipe from the latest issue of Cooking Light that we liked.  I served it with the Cheesy Meat Loaf Minis I made the other night.  This came together quickly; I was able to get it together during the 25 minutes it took the meat loaf to cook.  Be warned though, if you are not a fan of garlic then this is not the vinaigrette for you!  I was afraid to take the leftovers (which held up OK in the refrigerator for 2 days) to work as I didn't want to stink up my cube.

Spinach with Garlic Vinaigrette

1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups baby spinach leaves (about 6 ounces)
1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion

Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add 6 cups spinach and red onion; toss to coat.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)


CALORIES 66 ; FAT 5.1g (sat 0.7g,mono 3.7g,poly 0.5g); CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 31mg; CARBOHYDRATE 5.2g; SODIUM 147mg; PROTEIN 1.1g; FIBER 1.9g; IRON 1.3mg

No comments: