Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tenderloin with Grilled Antipasto Vegetables

I've learned a lesson or two over the years.  Mother's Day was last Sunday and I really wanted to go to brunch at the local winery that isn't far from our house.  I knew, however, that request would be met with sighs and comments about how packed it was going to be, blah, blah, blah.  So, I bought myself a beef tenderloin roast with the thoughts of having a nice meal at home.

I've made this meal a few times in the past and it is very good.  I couldn't find a Serrano (hit or miss in these parts) so I subbed a jalapeno, making sure I scraped out all the seeds so it wouldn't be too hot for the kids.  I didn't have to worry though as it was a pretty wimpy jalapeno.  Both kids loved the tenderloin (of course they have expensive taste) and ate the vegetable with gusto.  I really am lucky to have kids that will eat pretty much anything I put in front of them.

Tenderloin with Grilled Antipasto Vegetables
Cooking Light, August 2002

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, trimmed
Cooking spray
2 1/2 tablespoons Chile-Garlic Vinaigrette
4 cups trimmed arugula
8 cups Grilled Antipasto Vegetables
1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved Parmesan cheese

Prepare grill.

Combine first 4 ingredients; rub over beef. Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on all 4 sides or until desired degree of doneness. Cover loosely; let stand 5 minutes.
Drizzle 2 1/2 tablespoons Chile-Garlic Vinaigrette over arugula; toss gently to coat. Cut beef across grain into thin slices. Arrange beef, 8 cups Grilled Antipasto Vegetables, and arugula on a platter; top with cheese.

Nutritional information:  calories: 343,  fat: 13.2g, protein: 33.5g, carbohydrate: 26.5g, fiber: 9.3g

No comments: