Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What happened to Spring?

It was so nice here this past weekend.  Sunny and in the 70's with a nice breeze.  Saturday I pulled the kids around the neighborhood in thier wagon (75 pounds total thankyouverymuch) and we stopped to visit the horses that live at the end of our street.  Sunday we went out to breakfast, hit the farmer's market in a neighboring town and then played at the park for a while.  Absolutely beautiful.

Today when I got into my car after work the thermometer read 96 degrees and it is humid.  More of the same tomorrow and then it drops back down to the 60's.  Ah, Iowa.  Was that the extent of our Spring this year - two days?  Oh wait, I think it was nice one day last month too.

At least when I was living in Phoenix I could pretty much count on it being over 100 from May through October.  It's a dry heat though, right?

No comments: