Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kalamata-Balsamic Chicken with Feta

I think summer is officially here!  Summer = grill in this house.  Truthfully I'd grill all winter long too but we have this pesky wind chill thing in Iowa where it gets pretty cold.

I was perusing the magazine aisle at Target one day last week and saw a new supplement put out by Weight Watchers - 15 minutes and 5 ingredient recipes.  Something along those lines anyway.  15 minutes for a meal sounded pretty good to me so I tossed a copy in my cart.

We had this one for supper the other night.  Rather than using a grill pan, I pounded the chicken and threw it on the grill, cooking the tomato mixture on the side burner ... all while watching the kids in the sandbox.  Can I multi-task or what??

This was a snap to put together and it tasted great.  Even better, I had everything I needed to make it, with the exception of the tomatoes.  Next time I'll double the tomato mixture as the kids gobbled it up.

Kalamata-Balsamic Chicken with Feta
WW 5 Ingredients, 15 Minutes supplement

4 6-oz  boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon  black pepper
1  cup cherry tomatoes -- halved
16 whole kalamata olives
3 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons basil leaves

Sprinkle chicken even with pepper.  Combine tomatoes, olives and dressing in a medium bowl.

Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Cook chicken 6-7 minutes on each side or until done.  Transfer chicken to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.

Add tomato mixture to pan and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until tomato softens.  Spoon over chicken and top evenly with cheese and basil.

Yield 4 servings (1 chicken breast half, 1/4 cup tomato mixture and 3/4 tablespoon cheese)

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 254 Calories; 8g Fat (28.3% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 105mg Cholesterol; 431mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.

No comments: