Thursday, October 6, 2011

Apple Picking

Last weekend I took the kids apple picking to Honey Creek Acres, which is an orchard not too far from our house.  I had been there a couple of years ago on a preschool field trip but we really didn't have a chance to pick any apples so we could test them out.

It was a nice, warm sunny day.  We went around 11 o'clock and it wasn't too crowded.  I was concerned that there would not be a whole lot of apples left, but we were given one of those apple picker thingies so I could get the apples up at the top of the tree - being 6' tall does have some advantages.

Of course everyone had to have their own bucket although I somehow ended up carrying them all back as the kids were busy snacking on an apple.  We got a bit more than I had intended but they've been wanting one every night after supper.  I think some apple sauce is on the agenda for this week as well as some apple bread.

I think I can reach the apples, Mommy!


I did it!!

Someone else needed to give it a try.

He decided eating was better than picking.

Our haul.

No comments: