Friday, December 9, 2011

Double Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

Inhale.  Exhale.  Inhale again.  Exhale.  Madeleine and I are sitting upstairs watching Frosty the Snowman and all I can smell is peanut butter and chocolate. 

I started my Christmas cookie baking tonight and decided to start with an easy drop cookie so I can feel like I accomplished something.  I have 6 dozen fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies taunting me from downstairs.  Maybe I shouldn't have started with my favorite flavor combination.

I found this recipe a few years ago on the Hershey website when I was looking for something to do with peanut butter chips.  These really are a snap to put together and they are a great cookie to freeze.  The only flaw is that fact that one batch only makes 3 dozen.  Three dozen is great when you're just making cookies for the family.  Three dozen is not so great when you are on a cookie baking spree for Christmas.

Each bag of chips has just about 2 cups in it, so I made a double batch and use a full bag of each.  I decided to try out the convection bake feature on my oven and it was great not having to rotate cookie sheets halfway through.  Each sheet took just 12 minutes to cook.  I even searched the cabinet and broke out the parchment paper so the bottoms wouldn't burn - watch out Betty Crocker!

                     
Double Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hershey's Kitchen
    
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4  cup sugar
1/3  cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1  cup peanut butter chips

Heat oven to 350°F.

Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter in medium bowl until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown.  Makes 3 dozen cookies.

No comments: