Sunday, April 6, 2008

I want my kitchen back!!!!!

As some of you know, we started a kitchen remodel the first week of February. We had to repair the water damage to our hardwood floors in the kitchen from the pipes that broke last February while we were out in Denver.

Now, when we first bought the house, I am pretty sure that I made my dislike of the counter tops well known. I liked the layout of the kitchen, I loved having 2 wall ovens and I liked having a cook top. I did NOT like the tile counter tops. Here are a few of the before pictures:

The tall cabinet is going away along with the soffit


View from the hearth room


Removing the wet bar and putting in a pantry


Looks like fun to keep clean, doesn't it?


The one thing I knew that I really wanted was black granite - galaxy to be exact. Black with flecks of gold, silver and copper. Next thing I knew we were looking at new cabinets and of course new appliances, black, to replace the white. That made me happy as I would finally have a refrigerator that was useful. The refrigerator we had was a cabinet depth model and it really didn't hold anything.

Fast forward 10 weeks. My new refrigerator is in the office with the old microwave. We are still eating off of paper plates. The stash of already made meals I had in the freezer is pretty much gone. Soon it should be ready ... although I keep telling myself that! The counter tops are supposed to be installed on Tuesday, so fingers crossed!!

Here are a few pictures of the work in progress:

Totally gutted


With wet bar removed


All the walls are patched up

No comments: