Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pink eye - AGAIN

Ah, the joys of having a little one in daycare. This is the second time in 6 weeks that I have had pink eye. I know exactly how I get it too - she loves to point out your eyes, nose, mouth, etc. Problem is, she sticks her fingers in your eyes, nose and mouth. Sigh. My right eye was really red and very puffy on Tuesday. Haven't worn a contact in that eye all week which makes work interesting, especially since I haven't been able to replace my glasses since she broke them last month.

The kitchen is coming together, albeit slowly. Our neighbor (who is a plumber) came over this past weekend and hooked up the cook top, the kitchen sink and the dishwasher. Yeah! Unfortunately the counter top people did not call us to see how we wanted the sink cut in when they saw there were two ways to do it. We purchased a colander and a cutting board that fits into the smaller sink. They missed cutting a lip or something for it so the colander and cutting board do not fit. They are coming by tomorrow to check it out.

I am really, really, really hoping that the kitchen gets finished soon. I am tired of eating food that I do not make. I am tired of having everything be right in Madeleine's grasp. I am tired of living in chaos.

In positive news it hit the mid-60's this week! Madeleine and I got to go out for a walk around the neighborhood once before the rain settled in. Rain today and tomorrow but hopefully it'll clear before the weekend hits. I am ready to clean up my flower beds and scout out a spot for my vegetable garden!

1 comment:

Scarehaircare said...

I have a few tomato plants on my window sill waiting for Mr. Wonderful to build my Square Foot Gardening boxes. I am so in the mood for fresh produce.

Ugh on the pinkeye