Saturday, July 26, 2008

Our First Harvest


Madeleine and I go out to the garden every other night or so to see if it needs watering and to see if any of our vegetables are ready for picking. We were happy to see that we had a zucchini to pick the other night. Yeah!! Our first vegetable!

I helped her pick it and then she insisted on carrying it back into the house to show daddy. She showed it to him and then was carrying it around the kitchen. I started making supper.

A few minutes later, Madeleine came by and put the zucchini up on the counter. I glanced at it but didn't really look as I was trying to get supper together before she started diving into the cabinets.

David came by and picked up the zucchini ... and asked me what happened to it.

Hmmmm. Didn't look like that when we picked it! Upon closer inspection I noticed the drool and the fact that the little holes are actually bite marks. I guess someone couldn't wait to taste it!

I am also happy to see that my Hydrangea is actually blooming this year. We moved into this house 4 years ago (almost to the day!) and the following spring I planted the bush. This is the first year that I have had any blooms. They ended up being pink; I am debating whether or not I want to mess with the pH of the soil to try and get blue blossoms next year.

1 comment:

Scarehaircare said...

LOL at the teeth marks. I hope we'll finally pick our first zuke tomorrow. They don't look as green as yours. I can't figure out what is going on with my garden.