Friday, January 9, 2009

A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A.

A new cookbook that I purchased on Amazon arrived today. I wasn't quick enough to hide it, so now *someone* is waiting for me to get rid of one. That stupid "buy a cookbook, get rid of a cookbook' rule that David came up with. Pfft. I can fit it in the cabinet, but I digress.

Madeleine and I were upstairs chilling out before she went to bed. She brought in Green Eggs and Ham to read but when she saw my new cookbook, she wanted to read that instead. A girl after my own heart.

She put it on her lap and looked at the cover. Then she traced over the words with her finger and every time she got to an 'A', she stopped and said 'A'. Hmmm. Gave her Green Eggs and Ham and asked her to pick out the A's on the cover. She did. In fact, she entertained herself for a good 15 minutes picking the A's off the pages of her book. I'll admit it, I was happy to have a night off from Green Eggs and Ham.

One letter down, 25 to go!

1 comment:

The Country Mouse said...

Will you let me know what you think of the cookbook? I have a request in for it at our library, but there's only one copy and I'm fifth or something.