Friday, April 10, 2009

The Disappearance of the Basic Jelly Bean

I obviously must feel strongly about this issue if I felt the need to blog about it.

At lunch yesterday I went to Target to pick up a few things for Madeleine for her Easter basket. A little chocolate, some jelly beans and a couple of small toys. They had a ton of chocolate but I went back up and down the aisles looking for regular ole jelly beans. They had Starburst Jelly Beans, Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans, Sweet Tart Jelly Beans, some sugar coated sour ones and Nerds Bumpy Jelly Beans. Seriously, bumpy jelly beans? Soft, sour jelly beans? Were are the bags of the NORMAL jelly beans?

I ended up going to the local grocery store and to my delight I found bags upon bags upon bags of Brach's jelly beans. REAL jelly beans. Even better, HyVee already started marking down their Easter candy and they were 50 cents a bag. Note to self: go to HyVee for easter candy a few days before Easter and most of it will already be 1/2 price. A few extra bags may have leapt into my cart.

On a side note, I could only find one kind of Easter grass at Target. EDIBLE Easter grass. Who eats Easter grass .... anyone??

1 comment:

The Country Mouse said...

Thank you!! I, too, am terribly disturbed by the disappearance of the basic jelly bean. I haven't been able to find any, even at the grocery store. What is up with that?