Monday, February 21, 2011

Influenza A ... who invited you into our home???

I knew it was too good to be true.  After the last round of strep throat everyone was on the mend and back at daycare 5 days a week.  Yesterday Madeleine came into the kitchen wearing three layers of clothes and aksing where a blanket was because she was freezing.  She curled up in one of the recliners and was out cold in no time.  Not a good sign at 11 AM.

103.9 fever.  Here we go again.  A trip to the doctor involved some throat swabs, nose swabs and a finger prick for a blood test.  I figured she had strep throat again.  Nope, the flu.  Doctor's orders include Madeleine staying home from daycare the whole week - considered to be that contagious.  Sweet.

What ticked me off though, when I called daycare to let them know she's be out, her teacher said 'oh yeah, we have Influenza A and B in Pre-K'.  Really?  Where are the posted signs?  It would be nice to know what she's being exposed to.

So the rest of us are waiting, wondering who is next on the list.  After all, I've taught my kids to share and so far Madeleine has really taken that one to heart and shares everything!

No comments: