Monday, February 28, 2011

What a week!

I guess one can choose to look at the positives that occur and the picture above would be one - Christopher loves using his nebulizer and likes to wear the mask around the house.

Seems like Influenza A is pretty contagious (a reason, one would think, to include it in the vaccine) so of course I was not surprised to get the call at daycare on Thursday afternoon that he was running a fever.  I picked him up and took him straight to the doctor where they tested him for everything and took a chest X-ray since he was sounding raspy.  Ever seen the medieval looking chamber they use to keep them still?  Poor thing was stuck in there with his arms stuck up in the air.

So I was not too surprised to wake up on Saturday morning with a runny nose, that turned into a cough, that turned into a 101 fever with a few hours.  Wonderful but I suppose it cannot be avoided when you have the little guy coughing and sneezing on you.

Today is Monday and it was Madeleine's first day back at daycare.  Christopher and I are still running fevers so we were home today and will be tomorrow.  David so far has remained untouched, so fingers crossed that he manages to avoid this one.  In the meantime, I'm taking advantage of having another pair of hands to help as I snuggle deeper into my blanket, waiting until I can take my next round of meds.

No comments: